Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Mosquito Man

My husband hates HATES mosquitoes. They drive him NUTS! And because we live in the south....he is annoyed quite often! Lucky me!

If he hears a mosquito flying around his head in the middle of the night...
He jumps out of bed faster than Superman...seriously-I am not kidding!
Then he turns every light in the bedroom....including the 50 inch TV...ON

Then he waits....
And waits...
And waits some more until....
He spots the tormentor....
Needless to say...by this time I am wide awake and thrilled about it! UGH

He has perfected this routine-
If he doesn't see the mosquito right away...
He will begin to turn off the lights one by one....
Goal? To stop blinding the mosquito??? Noooo-
The goal is to "herd" the mosquito to the last light turned on  so he can be spotted.
Ok- I will give him points for intelligence on that one...

I have gotten so used to his obsession that I rarely notice anymore...however.... :-)

One evening I was in the kitchen and I heard a HUGE thud....
Now don't get me wrong- I was used to hearing pillows hit the wall, shoes being thrown at a passing mosquito...etc. but this was different.
It was the kind of thud that got your attention and was followed by complete silence....
Scary as hell silence and I took off running towards the bedroom.

My poor mosquito man had been jumping (literally) around the room after what must have been a particularly stealthy mosquito. Now to give you some idea...my husband has had no ballet training- he is a guys guy... so frolicking about in a room full of furniture...not the best scenario for the guy. And when running and jumping from the floor to the bed....miss stepped! His big toe got stuck between the bed frame and the mattress!

There he was...face down on the bed with his legs pinned up underneath him and he was gripping his foot! Not good!!!! And to top it off- he was going into shock.  Long story short: I got him taken care of- no worries!!! I do really adore and love this man...but as you will learn from this blog...he makes it way toooo easy to write about! :-)

New House Rule: When chasing mosquitoes- one must wear shoes.

No comments: